Anemone sting coral??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brat213

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My condy's seem to keep moving I've moved my toadstool leather away from him, but wonder if it is necessary. Will anemones harm corals?
THanks! :?

brat213 said:
My condy's seem to keep moving I've moved my toadstool leather away from him, but wonder if it is necessary. Will anemones harm corals?
THanks! :?

Think of it as a 1 anenome wrecking ball. Anything living that it touches it will sting. Most often the result of the sting is death of tissue.

It sounds like your condy is searching for a spot in the tank it likes. It might be doing this becaues of flow rate being to high or low, light intensity is to low, water temp, just to name a few.

Yes the anenome packs a powerful sting, Killing and hurting corals along the way. Most anenome will travel because it is unhappy, or there has been a change in it's surroundings. Usually if tank remains stable with very little change they will settle in a happy spot remain for long periods.
My first anenome was a condy. It remain in the same place for a year before I got rid of it.[ Got way to big to quick in my 55 gal] I have a BTA as well she has remained in the same rock for over two years now and has split twice. HTH

Thanks for the replies. I'm gglad I moved my coral then. The condy doesn't move far. He stays on 1 rock but moves around on it. I hope he stays on that big rock and doesn't go after my corals. Since I moved the toadstool it Hasn't moved anymore, maybe it was just adjusting to the right spot on the rock. :)
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom