Anemone Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 35 gallon and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on some anemone that you like that look good. Would be my first anemone ever so I'll the floor open for any suggestions.
Looking to buy a clown pair to host them.

Bubble Tip's are very pretty and will do well in that size aquarium.

I like my Giant Carpet, but after only 6 weeks it has doubled in size and is now almost 10 inches across and I imagine will get much larger.

I've read that Sebae's are good and i don't know about hosting but mini carpet nems i found were really awesome looking. I'm worried about corals like that growing to large.

Just so you know your clownfish may never host an anemone so don't e disappointed if that happens! Although the bubble tip is not the natural host nem for a clown they can and do. They are also I think the safest first nem to get. May I ask how old the tank is and what kind of lighting you have? Just to be sure you can actually house one properly :)

I've read that Sebae's are good and i don't know about hosting but mini carpet nems i found were really awesome looking. I'm worried about corals like that growing to large.

Sebae are beautiful, but can be difficult to keep. Mini carpets are very colorful but have nothing to do with hosting behavior with clowns. As an fyi, anemone are inverts that lack a brain and are not corals though they have similar requirements to small polyp stony corals, high lighting and pristine water conditions.

Bubble tips get quite large and I'm worried that it would be a main center piece. i dont believe my tank is mature enough i've read that about 6 months to a year. My tank has been up only about 4 months. For my lighting i have a dimmable 120 watt led.

Yup it's the taotronics. I think I'm gonna hold off and see if the clown will enjoy the frogspawn haha

Back
Top Bottom