Anemone troube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bouch097

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My green bulb anemone managed to get behind my live rock and appears to be stuck on the water intake slits (see picture). I've tried removing him from it but I'm afraid to use too much force in attempting to help. Any suggestions, or will he be able to get out of there when he decides to? Thanks in advance.

I forgot the pic w/ the live rock moved out of the way...

Attachments

• anemone_566.jpg
    anemone_566.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 83
Recently, My pink tip decided to venture a bit too close to te intake as well.

I just turned the power off to the intake...(you can even just pull the intake tube off the main unit if you are leary of turning off your filtration entirely..but make sure that you put a vented cap on teh end)...the anenome just rolled it's big tentacles out and she's as good as new.

It did take about an hour for her to get herself back together..and then I shifted the intake to the CENTER of the back of the tank..rather than so close to the side...she had been 'walking' up and down the side and gotten too close to the intake on the adjacent wall.

cheers!:)

I turned off the powerhead and tried working at him for a bit, but w/ no success. I'll try turning it off for a bit and hopefully he'll move out of there on his own. Thanks. If I end up having to use force, what's the risk of doing harm?

Actually, it even looks like it moved there for the better circulation. How much is on the inside of those slots? From the pic. it looks like it is all on the outside basically.
If it's just on the outside of the strainer, it's probably ok.
Force will damage the anemone. You could try directing a power head at it, making it uncomfortable and wanting to move, or, try holding an ice cube against it to make it move.

place one power head hitting at it side ways and it sure is going to move out of there.

Back
Top Bottom