anemone wont host clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi guys/gals
soo i have a pair of clownfish (my second) and they wont go to my anemone ive had them for just over two weeks now and ive seen them go to it but then swim away what gives?
and yesterday over the course of the day the anemone moved from facing forward to facing toward where the fish stay on the right side of the tank it moved about 5cm is that just a coincidence? anlso the only time they go to the anemone is when i feed it and thats just to try its food also the anemone doesnt act the same anymore it usually stays closed for a bit longer than before and than closes really late has it become a teenager??:brows:?

Im kinda going through the same thing. From what I read theres really nothing u can do except hope they host. I know theres a few methods people do example(isolate the anemone and fish in a colander) not sure if it's works. My fish took to my anemone a few weeks after I put it in there but now doesent anymore. I heard the bubble tip excepts clowns a little more than others and that's what I got. Now not only will my clown not host, the anemone has moved to the back of the tank were u can't see him haha. Go figure. Hope u have better luck.

Tank raised clowns will take longer to host , isolating is a good method , my LFS floats a basket in the tank with the nem and fish in it.
My Clarke took to his nem within 12 hrs ^_^

Now their best friends

You could also try the mirror trick. Place a mirror behind the anenome so the clown thinks another clown is in there already when he approaches. Curiosity might get the best of him and he may go in. Worth a shot.

well i have two store bought tank raised clowns and its a bta
the anemone looks soo sad it kinda turned over to be facing the clowns its soo sweet

let nature takes its course and they will eventually. Mine took months and now they are never more than an 1 or 2 away.

Back
Top Bottom