anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a pair of marron clowns the male likes a Rose Bubble Tip and the female likes a Purple Long Tentacle Anemone. I have seen the male sleeping in a feather duster next to his Anemone.

I have a maroon clown that sleeps in the bubble coral that I have over on the left and a tomato clown that sleeps on my pagoda cup.

chris stevens said:
What species of clownfish will accept the anemone Entacmaea quadricolor? will the skunk clown? is this anemone safe to keep in a reef aquarium?

If you are still thinking about doing an anemone or not there are many alternatives. I have a flowerpot coral that my clowns love.

Flower Pot corals IMO are not a good idea for clown fish. Depending on the size of the fish and the movement the fish does in the coral It may not open. I have a FP and my small maroon clowns killed it in several months. They would bother the coral so much it would not open. No matter where I put the coral in my 125 the clowns followed.
What type of lighting do you have, this will determine what anemone type. Some require more lighting then others..
Also the FP are known to not have a long life span, most die after a year. They are great corals but not long lived.

DragonForce said:
chris stevens said:
What species of clownfish will accept the anemone Entacmaea quadricolor? will the skunk clown? is this anemone safe to keep in a reef aquarium?

If you are still thinking about doing an anemone or not there are many alternatives. I have a flowerpot coral that my clowns love.
however most of the time clown fish kill flower pot real quick =/

Back
Top Bottom