Anemones and my LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natman2

Aquarium Advice Activist
Some time in the future I would like to try my luck with anemones. My lighting is 260 watts PC; two 65 watt daylight, two 65 watt true actinic 03 blue. This can be improved upon well before its time to try the anemones if necessary.
Tank is standard dimension 75 gallon.

I have been eyeballing the Florida condis at the LFS having been told there the easiest and asking some questions.

I first asked about one that was almost totally deflated. Answer was they do that when they expel there waist. OK I can believe this as I have read about this behavior on the forum.

I then asked about one that was inflated but not nearly as filled out as some of the others, tentacles were well extended but not as inflated. Answer was that one had recently expelled its waist and was not particularly hungry. Don't know if I believe that one or not.

I then asked about one that look quite large and full, nice looking specimen. I was told that ones hungry healthy and ready to go in your tank. He told me this knowing full well what my lighting was and that the tank was newly cycled just 30 some days old. This set off a few alarms for me and cast in doubt everything he said prior to that and so here I am at the forum asking your advice.

I resisted the urge to buy and went down to the turbos and hermits to fill out my clean up crew.

By the way the LFS lighting is pretty much the same as mine PCs, not sure about the wattage but the tanks are much shorter, about 14 inches. His anemones seem to be staying alive as I have seen the same ones in his tanks since starting to visit the shop some 40 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom