*Anemone's Coral's in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here taken from my camera phone are my tank mates. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to feed them?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86208900@N00/?saved=1

what is your setup? size, lights, water ect. What type anemone? What type corals do you have it is hard to tell from the pics.. How old is the tank.

A list of the above and what you currently feed now would be helpful. The orange coral is a sun coral (Tubastrea faulkneri) and it is te only coral pictured that does not utilize light as a food source. It will need to be target feed a meaty food (like frozzen krill or mysis) three times a week. It is not a coral colony rather several individual corals living close together, so each polyp will need to get food in order to survive.

55 Gal. Wet/Dry filter, 260watt Compact Lighting, 50lbs. live rock, 4in deep sand bed live sand with crushed coral and fine live sand. I have feather duster, bubble anemone, frog toadstool anemone, sun polyps, few other types of polyps sorry about pic quality. They are leather coral family the ones you see they aren't fully opened. How can I hand fee the red sun polyp? I gotta feed each thing individually? How can I guarantee it ate? I have frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, plankton. Thanks

Yes, each polyp on the sun coral needs fed individually. I would suggest tongs. Or you can make a feeding cap out of a plastic bottle for a mass feeding. I've never tried this myself but have read about it being done. Cut the bottom off a bottle and place it over the coral. Then shoot the food down to it. Mysid shrimp would work well. You will be able to see if it's eating if it takes the food. As for the others, I wouldn't worry much about. Maybe some phyto a couple times a week, though I don't think that is even necessary.

frog toadstool anemone
this is actually a soft leather coral and not an anemone.
you can make a feeding cap out of a plastic bottle for a mass feeding.
this is how I feed mine. I cut the top off of a 2 liter pop bottle. Place the top of the bottle over the coral and you can use the round "drinking hole" on the top to shoot food into the bottle.

lando said:
this is how I feed mine. I cut the top off of a 2 liter pop bottle. Place the top of the bottle over the coral and you can use the round "drinking hole" on the top to shoot food into the bottle.

So, I had the drinking cap backwards. LOL :oops:

Back
Top Bottom