Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Anemone's, How Many ?

What will be the norm for a 55 gallon tank to house more than one
anemone ?

I currently have two and seems they are doing fine, Like to get a Bubble tip,
but need more info if that will be to much for my tank.

Lights 20w x 3tubes with actinic bulb
__________________

__________________
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
jeffwisely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 149
i would say you could do three at max but you need to make sure that they will get along some or most anemones can put toxins into the water and kill your fish and more. what kind do you have in your tank now.
__________________

__________________
jeffwisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Sabea and a bubble tip
__________________
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i think you don't have enough light to keep anemones.
__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
what will be the right light set up for a 36"w 24"H & 19"w tank ?
__________________
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
jeffwisely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 149
yeah you need more light you need 275 watts of light in your tank. go with t-5 ho lights or power compact. you could get the system you need for around 150$. so you want another bubble anemone? you can do that but as i stated get better lighting first i hope that your anemones do not die first
__________________
jeffwisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: s.cali
Posts: 788
Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwisely View Post
yeah you need more light you need 275 watts of light in your tank. go with t-5 ho lights or power compact. you could get the system you need for around 150$. so you want another bubble anemone? you can do that but as i stated get better lighting first i hope that your anemones do not die first
just curious where you got the 275 watt # from? as this is kinda bad advice. in a 24 inch high tank pc lighting isnt really going to cut it. and 275 watt of pc lighting doesnt = 275 watts of t5 lighting. so to just throw a # out there isnt good advice.
__________________
Daniel M.
follow my 75 gallon reef thread and say hello
75-gallon-reef-build-in-progress
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
just curious where you got the 275 watt # from? as this is kinda bad advice. in a 24 inch high tank pc lighting isnt really going to cut it. and 275 watt of pc lighting doesnt = 275 watts of t5 lighting. so to just throw a # out there isnt good advice.

__________________
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: s.cali
Posts: 788
Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
with a 24 inch deep tank you need to go with 2 150 watt mh lights. possibly even 250 watt lights. but most likely the 150's would work and the anemones would just climb up higher in the tank to find a spot they like. or go with a 6 bulb t5 high out put lighting fixture. that option would be alot cheaper. i would just replace the antics that come with them cause they are just for looks not really that great for usable lights.
__________________
Daniel M.
follow my 75 gallon reef thread and say hello
75-gallon-reef-build-in-progress
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
with a 24 inch deep tank you need to go with 2 150 watt mh lights. possibly even 250 watt lights. but most likely the 150's would work and the anemones would just climb up higher in the tank to find a spot they like. or go with a 6 bulb t5 high out put lighting fixture. that option would be alot cheaper. i would just replace the antics that come with them cause they are just for looks not really that great for usable lights.

thanks, thats what I needed to know, looks like I'm buying a new light !
__________________

__________________
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clowns and Anemone's DodgeRT Saltwater Reef Aquaria 23 01-06-2008 08:52 PM
why do anemone's do this? sirfishmaster Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 9 12-02-2004 12:17 PM
!!!Anemone's!!! powderbluetang Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 06-09-2004 04:40 PM
Anemone's (how many?) revhtree Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 35 05-03-2004 06:47 PM
Condy Anemone's Coralena Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 6 08-25-2003 01:36 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.