anemones split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
MY rose anemones split i heard this is normal but now my maroon clown is going nuts back and forth to both of them they are like two feet apart and my dumb 3 stripe damesel is harassing him and shacking his body by him and also doing the territoy dive all around him i put a trap in my tank to get the damsel should i take out one of the anemones and put it in my other reef tank I am going to put the 3 stripe in my qt with the killer 3 spot domino that should calm him down cause his is a bad mfer well if i can catch him that is thanks Jester

How about some punctuation. Your post is very hard to read the way it is written.

I would take the 3 stripe damsel out and put it in QT or take it back to the LFS. They are notoriously aggressive and will continue to torment your clown if he is already doing so. How big is the clown compared to the damsel? Usually maroons are pretty aggressive and i'm surprised the damsel is beating him up unless he's much bigger. HTH

tripper

Tripper - no kidding!

I'm so tired of trying to decipher, "lemme give u..." and "if u r going to..." in today's writings. People have become so lazy that can't even push the shift-key to start with a capitol letter! Either that or they don't have sufficient command of the language to write properly.

I actually had a head hunter email me..."plz lemme call u at yer convenience." Sure, I will. Very scary.

runway1 said:
Tripper - no kidding!

I'm so tired of trying to decipher, "lemme give u..." and "if u r going to..." in today's writings. People have become so lazy that can't even push the shift-key to start with a capitol letter! Either that or they don't have sufficient command of the language to write properly.

I actually had a head hunter email me..."plz lemme call u at yer convenience." Sure, I will. Very scary.

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? I think the first rant was more than sufficient. Keep on subject or don't post.

My only concern (Having chewed through 3 different anemones) would be the one you want to move. If your other tank isn't in the shape it needs to be in to hold the other anemone its going to croak. Personally, Im way envious that yours split! :evil: Thus far I've been through 2 BTAs and 1 LTA and all have croaked on me. Needless to say I have written them off. Honestly though, its not uncommon for clowns to want to claim all the anemones for themselves. They cruise from one to the other as they wish. Not sure it will hurt anything and unless there is violence involved, I wouldn't change a thing!

GL!

the clown is a little bigger yes it suprised me two thanks
The maroon clown will likely claim both anemones as "home" eventually and become territorial. Damsels though, being related, are pretty tough too. FWIW mine has now claimed three BTA's as home.
should i take out one of the anemones and put it in my other reef tank
I think you should leave the anemones be.
I am going to put the 3 stripe in my qt with the killer 3 spot domino that should calm him down
As far as the Damsels go, bring them to your LFS. No need to keep them "boxed up" in QT if they don't fit into your system. They are what they are- you can't change that. HTH

I agree with everyone else, leave the anemones in but remove the damsel and take it back to the LFS. Placing an aggressive damsel in with another aggressive one is unfair punishment for both....they are well known for being trouble and should not be expected to act differently or punished for this behavior.

My BTA turned into 9 and my false perc pair spawn in the middle of all of them.

Back
Top Bottom