Anenome keeping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyrebel003

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was wondering what are the essential to for an anenome to thrive in an aquarium. is there specific lighting needs for anenome's, do you have to add iodine and trace elements, and also how often do u feed them and what do you feed. I was thinking about buying a bubble tip anenome at my lfs. Any help with this topic will be appreciated thanx

Im not the exclusive source on ananomes but this will give you a gross idea.

First thing is you should have an established tank with fairly stable water peramiters.

Second is to prepair to have sime high output lights over the tank. I would say at a minimum 5 watts per gal of light but 7+ watt per gal more optimal. If given the choice between florecent or MH lighting get MH lighting.

Third would be the proper substrate or rock work for the anneome. Some anenomes like a sandy substrate while others want to be firmly planted on a rock. Knowing where the anenome wants to go will help. Anenomes will move if they dont like where they are and if you have one on the move let it move where it wants because if you just move it back where you want it your gonna fight a battle of it moving and you putting it back.

Have a tank with decent water current so the tenticles on the anenome can flow back and forth. Feed your ananome directly raw shrimp or other meaty items on a regular basis.

These are just some general guidelines. Anenomes have a rather poor trackrecord in private aquariums.

i have a bubble tip and have been keeping it with great success for about 6 months. i use 2 power compacts lights wich give me about 4 wattts per gallon. mine perfers the light from the actinic at night and during the morining. it has a host clown and i add trace idone, kalk, and a alkalinity buffer. it does well to feed it. i feed mine 2 pieces of krill once a week. keep water quality excellent, and also mine tends to do better with ph about 8.4-5, and salinity around 1.025

JC

Back
Top Bottom