Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

i have 3 anemones. my rose sits right in this little hole facing the front in full light with his clown. The 2nd atlantic is kinda shaded under a peice of my LR but you can still see him. and my neon green BTA has decided to camp out behind a large outcropping in mostly the shade. he hasnt moved from that spot since i put him in the tank and he ended up there. they will hop around and go where ever they please. Just make sure you got some sponges over your powerheads or you may loose one.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks for the advice, one more Question,

Its starting to look unhealthy now which is worrying me because i really can't move my rocks to get it out,

its leaving 'stringy' looking stuff wherever it moves, is this normal for a moving anenome or could it be its tissue disintegrating ?? its confusing me becuse it dosen't look like its damaged and is still gripping rocks and moving around, TIA.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sometimes when they get aggitated they may have an ooze like discharge. Things to pay attention to are: Is it normal in color ? Are its tenticles inflated ? some are some arent ? sometimes when they digest food they will shrivel up till they are done then come back to normal.

If its tenticles are deflated then think " when was the last time this thing had anything to eat? " If it needs to be fed, shut down your powerheads, grab a peice of whole krill and put it eaither in its tenticles, or directly on its mouth. They should only have large feedings like this every FEW WEEKS at the most. Its prety common for people to over feed them and they die.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I can't tell the colour because i can barely see it! but from what i can see is that its tentacles are inflated.

I bought it only a few days ago, how often do they need to be fed ??

is it normal for a Bubble tip to leave a stringy trail where it moves or is this something to worry about ??
Old 06-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

It needs a minimum of about a week to get aclimated. Dont worry about it. Just let it roam around your tank for a few weeks.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Btw: it can only recently have been fed at the store because yesterday it expelled an eaten shrimp.

Please try to answer my questions the previous post

TIA
Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

After they eat any type of fish or animal that had bones, it will expell the bones after digestion. id shoot for non boney animals to feed it, and usally stick with krill. The stringy discharge is normal. Leave him alone for a few weeks and let him find his spot. Typically id say feed them once every 3-4 weeks unless they show signs showing otherwise. ( if it gets all deflated and looks like hell for a few days and not being picked on by any fish or inverts, give it a peice of krill.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok great, thanks very much, i'll leave it alone and keep a close eye on it!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just an update on my BTA, the thing is actually very healthy, but is still behind the rocks and I think it has decided to stay put, and then when I thought it couldn't get much worse - my maroon clown FINALLY finds his new home! so now I can't see my anenome or my clown ...... oh well, at least they're happy!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

yaaay. Now depending on how fast you want the anemone to grow, you can feed him every 14 days or so. If you want him to grow quickly shoot for every 7 days.

Tags
anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com