Anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is a rosé nem considered a bubble tip and would my clowns like it ? my lfs has had one for a while and they want $90 for it they told me they would sell it to me for $45 since they had it for awhile. I would like to have it but if clowns don't like them I'm not going to buy it I want to spend the money on something they like.

i wouldn't know with out a pic if its a rose bubble tip but if it gets bulbs on the tentacles then it would be, as for the clowns hosting its hit and miss my clowns have no interest in my rbta or my gpta.

My LFS had a rose bubble tip for $125.00. It was beautiful but was a little more than I was looking to pay.

find a local reefer club you can get rbta fairly cheep from local reefers

Good thought , I'll see what I can find. Not in a rush ; just looking for now.

Not sure that I want to put one in my FOWLR tank or wait until I finish my 55 gallon setup I am working , that will be a reef.
More than likely I will hold off until it is up and running.

If your tank is fowlr, you most likely don't have the intense lighting an anemone requires. I'd hold off until you set up your reef tank and get strong lighting.

If your tank is fowlr, you most likely don't have the intense lighting an anemone requires. I'd hold off until you set up your reef tank and get strong lighting.

Thanks for the advice. Others here to have warned me about lighting for Anenomies. So thanks to all with helping me avoid possable disaster.

Right now I am useing LED lighting and that certainly will not work.

I also have MH lighting that came with my setup ( 29 gallon biocube) that is 14000 par if I am correct and that should work fine to do what I need.
Now the bad side of that.
I have had a hard time with the recent heatwave keeping my water tempature down to where it normally is so the added heat from the MH lighting would certainly not help with that problem. I did rig up some cooling fans and they worked great at getting my tempature back down. The other downside is the power consumption of the MH is 250 watts.

I think I am just going to wait until I get my other tank setup. Going to take a while but as I said no rush ; I am still gathering the rest of what I need to get it finished.

Thanks again for all the help and advice that everyone here has provided to me here. Great site!!

Good call with keeping the heat down. Mh puts out a ton of heat. It can support an anemone though. If heat is a continual issue, might want to look into LEDs for your reef tank.

Will for sure consider LED for reef lighting. That and a protein skimmer are really the last two large items I still need to source.
My stand is complete , tank is ready to install overflows and my sump is done. Just need a couple plumbing parts and I can get started on actual setup.

I want to make sure that whatever lighting I choose that it will be suficient for what I need. Light will probably be last since I want to get tank part of it completed first. Thanks again for your help.

Is a rosé nem considered a bubble tip and would my clowns like it ? my lfs has had one for a while and they want $90 for it they told me they would sell it to me for $45 since they had it for awhile. I would like to have it but if clowns don't like them I'm not going to buy it I want to spend the money on something they like.

They are rose bubble tip anemones. I would do some research or post a pic to make sure that is what your getting & not the lfs just calling it a rose nem... $45 is pretty cheap though & yes they will host but that is never a guarantee, just depends of the clown & the nem.

ForumRunner_20130729_110333.jpg

ForumRunner_20130729_110349.jpg

ForumRunner_20130729_110403.jpg

Wow if that a rose bubble tip in the picture then the one at my lfs is not a bubble tip does any one on here sell them I would really like to get one but no one in my area seems to be able to get one thank you for the pictures

Those in the pics I don't think are rbta's.. Here is a pic of mine. All the rose nems that I have seen are almost all red in color

image-718016787.jpg

I can't quite see because its a little blurry. But they do have bubbles on the tenticles it looks like.. But it's not a rose.. Ill have to look it up. Can you get a little clearer of a picture?

Here is my baby rbta.

image-2335856839.jpg

All the rbta's I have seen are all red in color.. Now .. I could be wrong too. But that's all I have seen. And price range in my area is 65$ per.

This is my guy. Mine is red to red orange.

Attachments

• image-1328133390.jpg
    image-1328133390.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 69
Wow that's awesome looking if you don't mind me asking how much was he and what did he cost you

And can I have it's offspring?? Or what ever it is you call it.. Haha

He was negotiated from $95 down to $65. And he cost me a night on the couch (the girlfriend doesn't understand a good fish tank deal). I am uncertain about the reproducing - some say it is a stress sign if that is the case I hope it never happens.

Haha. My girlfriend must know your... Can't pass up good deals!! I bought 3 rbta's for 100$ and I was in trouble..

Back
Top Bottom