Angel eating my coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegas Marine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, I know it's my fault for putting these two guys together, but does anyone have any suggestions how I could keep my Coral Beauty Angel from nipping at my newly added Purple Brush Ggorgonian?

I gave him some live brine shrimp, and that seemed to slow him down.

Thanks
Dan

My Yellow Tang nipped at my Yellow Gorgonian, but finally lost interest after a couple of weeks..... However, one thing I did do was to take the Gorgonian out of the Tang's usual swimming path...

It's always hit and miss with dwarf angels.. nothing you can do except take it back to the LFS. IMO they are beautiful enough to take a chance on but seem to eventually develop a taste for corals more often than not, whether it's after 5 days or 5 years.

I say, if it doesn't work out, keep the fish and loose the coral.
But then again..I'm a fish guy. :mrgreen:

I am having the same problem with my keyhole angel. He was ok for years and then all of a sudden I noticed my green brain picked to pieces. Then I noticed some of my anchor coral missing. Just make sure you don`t add any fleshy corals to your tank now. I tried some of the traps with no success.Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom