Angel Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkimball

Aquarium Advice Regular
I impulsively bought a beautiful Angel Tang, I have a 125 rectangular tank, it has been swimming back and forth, looking stressed, is my tank to small for him?

I impulsively bought a beautiful Angel Tang, I have a 125 rectangular tank, it has been swimming back and forth, looking stressed, is my tank to small for him?

IMO yes as they can get about 15" and super aggressive. How big is he? They are also one of the more difficult tangs to keep as they tend to not eat.

Once again my impulse got the best of me, live and learn, hopefully it ends up peacefully. Such a gorgeous fishImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389669470.314059.jpg

the beautiful ones are always the aggressive ones :D
I was literally just thinking this! lol. to the OP don't beat yourself up over it, I came within about 2 mouse clicks of ordering a clown tang before I stumbled across an article regarding them

There's nothing worse than watching one fish relentlessly attack the others until they are dead. That for me, makes looking at the tank painful, instead of soothing and enjoyable.
A 5" tang has already outgrown your 125.

Back
Top Bottom