Another Anemone added!!Splitting pic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalani

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. Picked up 2 more RBTA's for my small tank. Was wondering if they need moderate to strong water flow? I put a small powerhead in the corner of the tank facing the front having the current disperse throughout the tank. Is this okay? Oh and another thing, not quite clear on a question I asked earlier about lighting but Should I run a night light or moonlight to keep somekind of lighting in the tank for the anemones? When I wake up in the morning and turn the lights on the look a bit withery. TIA

i'd worry if they didnt look withered. sounds totally normal. a moon light isnt strong enough to provide nutrients for the anemone anyhow. plus...its my belief that fish and corals alike need night

Why do you have a Naso, and Regal, and racoon in a 55 gal? Good luck with that, be careful with the PH or they can get into its intake.

Six-Line said:
Why do you have a Naso, and Regal, and racoon in a 55 gal? Good luck with that, be careful with the PH or they can get into its intake.
Is it a bad idea to have those fish in the same tank? :?: What is a regal? All the fish are juveniles and when they get big they will eventually go into my 180g. My anemones are in a small tank with 1 maroon clown. I'm still new to this. What should I watch out for? TIA

get big they will eventually go into my 180g

Great news 8) Regal tang, also known as hippo and pacific blue tang. Assuming you have good lighting for those anemones, just keep them well fed with shrimp or silversides. Some people feed daily, which is what I would do. Just cover up intakes with some pre filter, and clean them regularly. If they wander to close to an intake they go right into it and thats usually the end of them.

A 15 gallon Eclipse System 12. I think its 15 maybe 20. It comes with PC lights installed. I think the lighting is just right. The anemones are at the middle of the tank. When I put them in, they were at the top, but after adjusting themselves they moved to the middle, midway to the top.

The only problem I see is that BTA's can and will get 8-10" across pretty quickly. That will pack a 15g pretty tightly. Just be ready for Plan B as they grow. :wink:

Something is going on, you will know if it produces 2 :wink: . If it is splitting, it is because of stress (they can and will split to improve chances of survival) either from changing conditions, or negative conditions in the tank. Keep a close eye, splitting happens pretty quickly.

If it splits it will have to re grow the mouth parts. Both new anemones will be mouthless for a while (they split at the mouth). So no need to feed, but this is where lighting comes in, since they make food with the light. Good luck 0X

one of mine split and never looked like that went to bed with 2 in the tank woke up and had 3 it was that fast to me the pic does not look like that rose is doing well have you done a water change lately would it be to soon to do another small one?

I did a partial water change before putting it in the tank and had it acclimating for about 1 hour. It's been 4 days. At first he was moving around the tank away from the light way in the back, then noticed it coming towards the front yesterday. I plan to do another water change tomorrow. About 10%. I'm not sure if it's to soon. Any ideas guys?

They look bleached as well. There not as dark as they should be. What wattage and type of light is being used?

Back
Top Bottom