another Diatom Bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have established this is what i have people i have spoken to say it will go, Its is only been a light bloom nothing that has really covered everything to a degree where i have to spend hours cleaning it. But quite frankly its pising me off now, i have the bloom for 3 weeks I have had the live rock for about 8 weeks, so its finished its cycle all the testings show 0 which is great and this has been the case for about 4-5 weeks.
so my question is when is this stuff going to leave me???
I have been doing my weekly water changes just to clean the excess. is there something i can do to speed this up?
should i employee a clean up crew?

thanks in advanced

Test for phosphates too. What's your water source?

Diatoms are kinda expected with new tanks. If finished cycling, Id say go ahead and add a cleanup crew, but they're gonna have to eat, so if no fish leftover food, some kinda sinking food (pellets maybe) might do.

How long are the lights on daily?

I agree a clean up crew would be a good decision. Just stock light at first so you do not end up starving them.

lights are on at about 7am to 7pm however at about 6pm i turn all lights off apart from the blue.
Thanks for the input guys, just so sick of this dirty look.
Test for phosphates too. What's your water source?
water source is tap, i dont have access to RO unit yet I am broke for a while :( however i do use a phosphate sponge i place in the water change bucket, this is suppose to remove alot of the sillica also.

Back
Top Bottom