Another green bubble tip question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok...So I did a 50% water change over the weekend to combat my algae outbreak. I don't know if this was the cause but, my green bubble tip went behind my rocks. It looks fine but it just moved. Has been in the same spot in front of the rocks since I got it a month ago. Should I move him back to the front where he was before or just let him stay there and maybe move back ( or not ) on his own.

Tank has been running for a little over a year. PH..8.2...ammonia...0ppm..nitrites...0ppm..nitrates...0ppm...alk...10.6...cal...440
salinity....1.025...temp...78 degrees

0 nitrates...impossible????? Wow...Anyway, I use red sea for testing so ok..maybe 5
or ppm on the nitrates...Brand new API bulbs 96 watts on a 20 gallon tank

0 nitrates...impossible????? Wow...Anyway, I use red sea for testing so ok..maybe 5
or ppm on the nitrates...Brand new API bulbs 96 watts on a 20 gallon tank

how high off the tank, what exact bulbs, how many bulbs.

and it is impossible because everything eats, creates waste, etc. Unless you have a tank of just pure water then you cant have 0 nitrate IMO.

A large water change like that is enough to cause an anemone to move.
If it has settled, then I wouldn't worry about it as long as it wasn't a health hazard for the anemone...like close or on a power head or hiding from the light.
Then in terms of the nitrates/phosphates, of course it reads 0. What else is the hair algae consuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's not impossible for a tank to have undetectable nitrates and/or phosphates, but not for one with algae problems.

Back
Top Bottom