Another Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 150 gallon Oceanic reef tank with a canapy I built myself, my question is I have three 250 watt MH with 12000k bulbs that I'm getting ready to install and I'm not certain what type of fluorescent lights to run with it. I have a 660 IceCap ballast and I would prefer to run it at it's max of 440 watts with three 60" bulbs but i need to know what color,type etc.
Last question is could I grow hard corals,clams etc. if I used 440 watts of fluorescent and used only two of the MH.
Is 7.9 watts a gallon going to hurt anything if I do run them all together????? I'd rather go overkill that under

I have 7.25 wpg and it is not overkill and will support anything I want. If you are using 12000k bulbs in the mh I would suggest one flour in daylight and two in actinic blue. Seperate timers with the flour coming on and going off 1 hour before and after the mh lights. The qty of mh is usually 1 bulb for every 2 feet of tank length.

Back
Top Bottom