Another One Bites The Dust!!!! My poor snails....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's going on with my snails?? I originally started off with two atlantic turbo snails and one larger mexican turbo snail. Well, after several days I would find the mexican flipped over on the sand. It would come out of it's shell after I picked it up and put it on a rock. However, a few days later when I found it like this again - it never came out of the shell and the crabs and shrimp eventually had a feast. I thought it was just a "bad" snail. So, here I am a week or so later and now one of my little atlantic turbos was doing the same thing and has now become a feast itself. I checked the voltage in the water, and the needle on the meter doesn't move, so I assume that that is not the problem. What else could be wrong?? I cam getting ready to check the water parameters again, but the last time I checked them they were all ok....

Any ideas? :cry:

Not in a week, they wouldn't.

Turbos don't have the best track record for aquaria, there are any number of reasons they might die. Make sure you acclimate your snails and hopefully you'll get a better batch next time.

I've lost 6-7 over a 6 month period. I don't think there is anything wrong. They sometimes fall from the sides and the Hermits get them it your not there to right them.
I'm getting ready to get a bunch more, they are fantastic cleaners.

I went ahead and ordered 6 more from LiveAquaria.com - I hope they live! I really like watching the snails, especially the really big ones. I call them "fatty snails". Term of endearment, I assure you. :angel:

turbos ime fall off the glass way to easily. try margaritas, they don't eat as much, but have a better survival rate.

Back
Top Bottom