Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

another shark question??

ok, www.exoticmarinefish.net is selling dolphin sharks. WHAT ARE DOLPHIN SHARKS?!?!?!and are they suitable for a home?

Old 06-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Ok this is really getting anoying. Would you just drop the shark issue. Even the smallest of sharks will need a tank of at least 180 gal and will have special needs. Preference for a circular tank and a tank that wider/longer vs short/deep.

In a serious effort to find info for you on this dolphin shark all I found was this.

http://www.unique-gifts.shoppingguid...k-Shakers.html

I suggest you contact exoticmarinefish and find out the latin name for this shark. Then you can research based upon the latin name vs a common name.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
In a serious effort to find info for you on this dolphin shark all I found was this.

Haha.. those things are so cool!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, I did a search on google and all I found was some stupid dolphin and shark salt and pepper shakers. I am not sure how to make this any clearer...SHARKS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE HOME AQUARIUM, ESPECALLY FOR SOMEONE WITH LITTLE TO NO SALTWATER EXPERIENCE!! Everyone agrees with you in the fact that sharks are awesome creatures and amazing to watch. But there are many, many, many other cool things much better suited for a home aquarium. I see you live in Illinois, I sugest you buy a season pass to the Shed Aquarium and visit sharks there. See if they offer any "behind-the-scenes" tours or classes so you can learn just what it takes to keep these creature in captivity.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek

ROTFLMAO
Old 06-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Serously thats all I found.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #7
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Too funny. According to his profile, he's a 15 yr old kid with a couple 10 gal tanks. He's taking you all for a ride. Wouldn't you all like to know where he is going to come up with the cash to build this 1500 gal tank he's talking about? He has yet to ask any type of question that any 'normal' aquarium keeper would ask. Why bother even repling to his posts, but looks like I got suckered into this one too.
Check out The build project
Old 06-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

We (advisors and admins) are fully aware of what this person is doing. At this point its simply inqusitive.

I caution you that some of us dont enjoy being called a sucker.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Don't get all mad because the kids trying to learn. And fishfreak and lando my neighbor keeps 1 nurse shark and 2 banded cat sharks in his 500 gallon tank and he has no special education or anything on sharks except he has a few books on them and some computer research. He said that keeping sharks is much easier then keeping a reef. They are easy to feed and there is no special additives like a reef. He thinks it is just like keeping a fish only tank but a lot bigger. He says the hardest part about his sharks is doing a 125 gallon water change each month and that is easy but time consuming. He has also got is 2 banded cat sharks to bread and he sold the eggs to our LFS. So fishfreak and lando I don't no where you come up with this info. about having to have special knowledge to keep these sharks.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO, just because your neighbour is doing it doesn't make it right.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Closed Thread

Tags
shark

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com