another sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJDevilsWinCup

Aquarium Advice Regular
i wana set up a sump for my 33 gal. i wanted the sump to be around 10 - 15 gals so it can fit in the stand under my tank. is it better to buy an already made sump or make it myself by just buying the aquarium and putting the walls inside myself? if so does any1 have any designs?
the equipment i have that i want to put in the sump is a seaclone 100, aqua clear 300 and a 150 watt heater.

I built my own. There are probably DIY instructions on the forum, but basically you just need to set up 2 baffles. 1 section for the incoming water, a middle section for ls, lr or whatever you plan, and a third section for the pump.

btw....Devils won't win the cup this year GO FLYERS!

Got any details for a sump? I've been tossing around the idea myself, for my 25 gallon. Now I'm looking into possibly turning my 25 into a sump for a 60 gallon.

Oh, and by the way, the Flyers won't win it either- the RED WINGS WILL!

Heres some info on building your own sump
http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html
What are you keeping in your 33?Are you using it strickly as a sump or do you want it to be a refugium? If so you may want to look into the cpr hob fug's. I put one on my 26 bowfront and i love it. It does all the same work and doesnt take up near as much useful space.hth and be sure to let everyone know what you do.

Thanks for the link on building your own sump! Lots of good info there.

Do you have room in your cpr HOB fug to place heater, skimmer, etc..? I had seen them on their website and was intrigued by the idea. Glad to hear that it works out well. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

no pics yet but if you used it as more as a sump than a fug you may be able to fit skimmer and heater in it but im guessing you want them out of your direct viewing area and that might take up too much room. I hope to have pics up and running soon! Ill let ya know

Back
Top Bottom