Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
another sump quistion

i am not quit sure on what size sump 2 get i have a empty 20 is that big or should i get a 55 which one sould i use the tank is 75gal

Old 06-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I will be using a 29 gallon sump on a 72 gallon tank. I believe the general rule would be that bigger is better, but space limitations come into play quickly. I've seen many successful systems close to the 20/75 arrangement you're considering. If you have space for the 55, great. That leaves the 20 for a QT. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I will be using a 29 gallon sump on a 72 gallon tank. I believe the general rule would be that bigger is better, but space limitations come into play quickly. I've seen many successful systems close to the 20/75 arrangement you're considering. If you have space for the 55, great. That leaves the 20 for a QT. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

General rule is that bigger is better. The larger the sump you have, the more gal. of water are in your system. The more gal. of water you have the more stable you system will be. It just depends on the space you are putting your sump. The biggest concern for getting a small supm is that if the power goes out it can overflow and run all over the floor. you want to leave enough empty space in your sump for all of the plumbing to drain into it without overflowing.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
thanx 4 the help

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com