Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2005, 02:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Another water flow question

Ok, when we get the 210 it's gonna be an "all-glass" RR, with megaflow. I am looking at the box that my husband has for his and it says that it has a max flow rate of 600 for each. My guess is because it's only one inch pvc. When I read about the external pumps, like the dolphin 3000 it says to get the max flow rate, I should use 1.5" pvc and that using one inch it cuts it down by half. So here's the million dollar question, can I go to HD and replace it so that I get better flow rates, I want to completely elminate PH's. Also can I buy the fittings I need to still use all the parts, such as the return nozzle? Or is there a better way of doing this?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
You will be surprised by how much those megaflows can handle for overflow im pushing about 1600gph through the 2 of mine and they have no problem at all and are VERY quiet. I think you will notice that the standpipes of the megaflow can easily handle more than they say. HTH

Old 05-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

O cool so I should get the flow I need without the use of ph's?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flow, water flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com