Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're correct on the difference between the flow of the Koralia and the standard PH. The K has a better footprint in my opinion. My tank had a total of 5 PH's and I replaced them with one MP-10 and a K-2. Less heat in the tank plus more water flow.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

From the picture, are those two maxijets in the left and right corners? Those should be great spots for a 75g tank

Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jaybird,
No. They are the returns for the pump in the sump. The one in the middle is a aqua clear powerhead. I stopped by my LFS over lunch today and dipped my hand in a tank that had a koralia 4 I believe. I couldn't feel the water movement after about 10-12 inches from the end of the pump. Is this typical or did they just have a bad pump?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's about it, but they stir up allot more water then a Maxi-jet of the same size. One is a jet of water through a small openning and the other is a Prop. that moves lots and lots of water.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
+1 also i might be wrong but i have mine on bothsides of the tank, and i have them on diferent corner and i still get good flow my tank is 75 gal and i have 2 koralia 3 and i think thats more than enough water movement you dont want it to be strong enough to push ur fish around or move rocks JMO
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You should feel water movement a couple of inches in front of a koralia4. Mine give a nice gentle movement on the opposite side of the tank from it. I've got a finger leather about eight inches, and slightly below, the rear koralia4 and it jiggles like jello. It loves it and spends all it's time with the polyps extended.

the 4s push about 1200gph, so you should feel it
Old 12-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
yup and i think the 3 do about 800

Tags
movement

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com