Another weird question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last night after taking my arm out of my tank I noticed that my arm was sticky, like it had a residue on it. I washed my arm and carried on. This moring the same thing (I have a coral that keeps falling off the rock work) and now I'm getting worried. Why would my arm feel sticky? I've had my arms in tanks for 3 years and never felt sticky before.

could be resedues from the salt mix or could be excess proteins. what brand of salt and are you heavily stocked?

Lightly stocked, only 4 fish. I use instant ocean salt, have been for years. Is it something to worry about?

I have a tunze pump pointed upward creating a tone of surface agitation. All my parameters are still totally in check. I can't figure out whats going on in there, first the bleaching then the weird sticky arm...lol Maybe I'll just keeps my hands out, do a few water changes and see how it goes...

Pwc is a good idea. Corals excrete some substance when stressed. You'll never know what kind of substance they are. It could be toxic to your livestock.

its possible it from the corals. Mucus/slime
If your corals are exuding pure slime, they could be irritated.
chemical warfare between themselves - to close to each other ect.

just a thought..

its possible it from the corals. Mucus/slime
If your corals are exuding pure slime, they could be irritated.
chemical warfare between themselves - to close to each other ect.

just a thought..

+1 Are you running carbon? It will help remove the toxins

Back
Top Bottom