Anthias question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chirp

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a male squareback anthias in my aquarium. I was wondering if I can add 2 female barlett anthias'. Would this cause conflict or will they congregate together?

What is the tank size?

Square's are much larger so any aggression is more devastating.. The bartletts will also eventually become one male and one female.

What is the tank size?

Square's are much larger so any aggression is more devastating.. The bartletts will also eventually become one male and one female.

90gal. So even though the squareback is a male, if I put two barletts in, one of them will become male? I would have thought the 2 female barletts would stay female since there was a male squareback in there.

90gal. So even though the squareback is a male, if I put two barletts in, one of them will become male? I would have thought the 2 female barletts would stay female since there was a male squareback in there.

They're two different species. One Bartlett's will become male eventually regardless if the square back.

Back
Top Bottom