Any experience with this lr e-tailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Dr. Foster & Smith Liveaquaria.com? LR prices seem to be good and s&h is in check.

Never dealt with them, I used liverocks.com. Beautiful aquacultered rock, both shipments arrived quickly (next day DHL) and in good shape. Pleanty of critters & such also. :mrgreen:

Are you looking at their Fiji rock? Fiji rock usually has greater coraline coverage than FL aquaculture rock and the rock itself is less dense so it takes up more volume for the same wight. What the aquaculture rock has over the fiji is the abundance of life that comes on the rock. Fiji rock often takes a full week from collection to destination where as the FL aquaculture rock has a much shorter travel time. Usually less than 24 hours from the holding tank to your door.

I purchased my rock from fosters and smith and was very happy with it. a good amount of coraline on the Fiji and the Carribean rock is nice shelf rock. Lots of places fro my fish and invert to hide. Very nice rock.
That being said, I am planning to add another 50 lbs of rock and will get it from liverocks.com. I didn't know about them when I puchased my original load.

After shopping a few days, I found Dr. Fosters & Smith to have the best on-line price for premium Fiji LR - 45 lbs. for $99 (sale) + shipping. Shipping is 1.19/lb. for 2nd day; 1.49/lb. for next day.

I'll post back periodically with notes once I receive the rock and go through the curing process.

-jmc

Back
Top Bottom