Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-22-2003, 11:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

that deal is with the fish gallery on main.
2 other good places are bird shop & aquariums there address is 1034 main st. fish gallery is just down the street on the opposite side. and salt water conection is on henderson www.saltwaterconection.com is the web site. where about in winnipeg are you? theres a lfs on logan i think , thats suposed too be good also but iv never been tehre yet.

Old 11-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I'm down on Pembina by the University. I've been to all of those lfs except the one on logan. I think that they are more into the custom tank stuff, no livestock. Which lfs do you prefer to deal with.

Old 11-23-2003, 12:56 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

fish gallery for equipment and deals on fish and inverts and saltwater conection for corals , live rock. bird shop and aquariums has a big selection of fish and the nice 500gal display reef and 220gal predator tank.
what lfs do you use?
Old 11-23-2003, 03:20 AM   #14
steve-s

Have you checked J&L Aquatics as well?

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I haven't used any of the lfs in winnipeg yet because I'm not past the research stage yet. That was why I was interested in your experiances with the local lfs. I've been reading a lot and I luv this web site, there is so much info. I still trying to decide exectly what I want.

I have checked out J&L Aquatics, they have a huge selection and pretty good prices. I assume that you (steve-s) have used them before b/c you are in Vancouver. Are they good to deal with, good livestock? I was thinking I would deffinently get some drygoods from them b/c of the good prices.

Thanks guys
Old 11-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #16
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnaith
I have checked out J&L Aquatics, they have a huge selection and pretty good prices. I assume that you (steve-s) have used them before b/c you are in Vancouver. Are they good to deal with, good livestock? I was thinking I would deffinently get some drygoods from them b/c of the good prices.
They are the only LFS I use for dry goods. Their quality and prices are unmatched for an on-line store that also has a public access store front. I am still one of those people that prefers to buy animals in person and do not really use on-line sources for that. Every animal I have purchased from them is alive and well.

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-23-2003, 03:02 PM   #17

HEY, E-CAT CHECK OUT THIS SITE HERE YOU WILL PROBALY LIKE THIS SITE I HAD MY LIGHTING SETUP THRU THESE PEOPLE AND THEY ARE 100% PROFESSIONAL!!
http://www.hamiltontechnology.com/sh...c7763890d01e1e
I KNOW THE SITE IS LONG BUT IT WILL PUT YOU RIGHT WHERE U WANNA BE TRUST ME GOOD LUCK!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com