any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No the endcaps are very poor; they are barely water proof. You would be better off with Ice Cap VHO products in the long run.

ok thanks, my lfs said they would make me a conopy with icecap ballest and end caps and 4 bulbs for around $700 canadain , hows that price sound?

sounds like an ok price to me seeing as how it includes the entire canopy and everything you could do cheaper if you did it yourself but if your like me I would rather pay a little extra and have it done for me ;)

i was going too do it my self but, this guys does a great good on tanks , sumps, stands, and conopys, its worth the extra money, and i think i can help him too make it so it will be cheaper

Hey which LFS are you talking about e-cat? I'm in Winnipeg too and looking at getting a tank, stand etc. in the next little while. Which LFS in town have you had good dealings with or bad. I'm in the research mode right now and trying to accumulate all the info I can. Thanks

that deal is with the fish gallery on main.
2 other good places are bird shop & aquariums there address is 1034 main st. fish gallery is just down the street on the opposite side. and salt water conection is on henderson www.saltwaterconection.com is the web site. where about in winnipeg are you? theres a lfs on logan i think , thats suposed too be good also but iv never been tehre yet.

I'm down on Pembina by the University. I've been to all of those lfs except the one on logan. I think that they are more into the custom tank stuff, no livestock. Which lfs do you prefer to deal with.

fish gallery for equipment and deals on fish and inverts and saltwater conection for corals , live rock. bird shop and aquariums has a big selection of fish and the nice 500gal display reef and 220gal predator tank.
what lfs do you use?

I haven't used any of the lfs in winnipeg yet because I'm not past the research stage yet. That was why I was interested in your experiances with the local lfs. I've been reading a lot and I luv this web site, there is so much info. I still trying to decide exectly what I want.

I have checked out J&L Aquatics, they have a huge selection and pretty good prices. I assume that you (steve-s) have used them before b/c you are in Vancouver. Are they good to deal with, good livestock? I was thinking I would deffinently get some drygoods from them b/c of the good prices.

Thanks guys

bsnaith said:
I have checked out J&L Aquatics, they have a huge selection and pretty good prices. I assume that you (steve-s) have used them before b/c you are in Vancouver. Are they good to deal with, good livestock? I was thinking I would deffinently get some drygoods from them b/c of the good prices.
They are the only LFS I use for dry goods. Their quality and prices are unmatched for an on-line store that also has a public access store front. I am still one of those people that prefers to buy animals in person and do not really use on-line sources for that. Every animal I have purchased from them is alive and well.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom