Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondanation09 View Post
For what its worth owner at LFS store guaranteed Seachem Stability would work. Owner used it on own tank as trial and set up salinity, temp, put some live rock and stability for 7 days. Fish went in on Day 1. Tank readings were Amm 0, Nitr 0 and Nitrates 5-10 from day 1. 1 year later all fish alive and doing well as is tank. This was saltwater tank by the way.

I am trying now...an on day 5 with amm 0, Nitr 0 and Nitrates 5-10 every day same readings no fluctuations.
I hear a lot of mixed reviews about stability some say it works perfectly some say it doesn't work. I hear really good things about instant ocean bio spiari or something like that. I'm debating just doing a fish less cycle but would love to be able to give it a jump start. The last fish less cycle I did took 2 months...

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I think a fish only system it might be okay, but with a load of live rock, I'm not sure what you are gaining. Maybe it kick starts it, but in a reef you need stability, so I wonder if it produces the same results as a full tank cycle.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I think a fish only system it might be okay, but with a load of live rock, I'm not sure what you are gaining. Maybe it kick starts it, but in a reef you need stability, so I wonder if it produces the same results as a full tank cycle.
Imo i think its the same as a cycle with a cycle your waiting on bb to grow naturally with bacteria additive theres no wait your adding the same bb directly it worked for me i have fish already in my 250g snails chaeto growing no ammonia nitrate goin down due to fuge all is good its been up 3 weeks
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fritz-zyme hands down. Not easy to find because it needs to be refrigerated. You can go to their website, punch in your zip and they will give you local dealers. My tank went into a mini cycle once, and I used this. Nitrites were gone in a day and haven't had a problem since.

I just cycled a tank with established media and such. Stocking it this week.....fully. If I run into an issue, I'm running out to get this stuff again!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Imo i think its the same as a cycle with a cycle your waiting on bb to grow naturally with bacteria additive theres no wait your adding the same bb directly it worked for me i have fish already in my 250g snails chaeto growing no ammonia nitrate goin down due to fuge all is good its been up 3 weeks
Just my experience id say do what you feel comfortable with i have 8 years reef experience not sayin thats a ton but enough to know in and outs
Old 09-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I used smart start, 48hr cycle
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I set up a tank using prime once and had no problems adding livestock the second day and then using prime everyday for awhile.

-Mark Twain
bigben2057 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacteria, led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com