Any of you all have fish that eat out of your hand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my betta "tiger" and my angelfish "girtha" both will take food from my hand. its so cute everyone loves to see it!

let me see, i have my clown fish, purple tang and snowflake all hand feeding. Sometimes the 6 lined wrass does as well...

It's great to see so many people are doing this. My wife thought I was weird when I let my cleaner shrimp jump on my arm (much like Brian's does) and run up and down it while I do minor tank maintenance. My atlantic hermit crab is skiddish as first, but if I've got a piece of Forumula Two in my hand, he'll eat all day long. I haven't tried it with my tangs, mainly because I didn't want to stress them out too much.

Well my purple tang eat from my hand after i let it out of the "hell"(QT with copper treatment) lol, i think he is just so hungry, and since then he start to eat off my hand when i want it to lol

When I first got my pinkspotted goby I would hand feed. It's been a while since i tried it, but he isn't scared of my hand at all, in fact, sometimes i have to push him away if I am trying to do something with the rocks. I like this kind of behavior, makes me feel like a proud daddy.

My two Shunk Shrimps will sit in my hand. Plus try to clean it as well.

Mostly they just wait for me to feed the Aneome and steal his food. I'll usually set some seaweed in my hand if I need a distraction for them.

Manny and Moe (my peppermints) love to clean my hands.. it is hilarious to watch them swim upside down from one side of the tank to the other just to get to me..
I am jealous. I never see my peppermint shrimp. How do you get them to come out during the day?
Yesterday my sixlined wrasse thought about eating krill from my hand. He kept swimming around eyeballing it, but wasn't quite brave enough.

Back
Top Bottom