Any one have triggers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rthoman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My girlfriend is determined for us to get a trigger and a lionfish. Is 55 gallons enough for this and what else could live with them?

Hello Ryan, I just started my tank this year and also want a "aggressive tank"
. At this moment I have a snowflake eel (small), and a Radiata Lionfish. I plan on getting a Huma trigger, and probally a yellow tang. I was told from the different LFS that my 55 gallon would be good... although I got a Radiata lion instead of the Volitain because the Volitian would surely outgrow my 55g. I was also told to get the trigger last.

From what I know they have to be with fish that are big enoegh not to be swallowed! I really would like to get some clowns, but I am concerned about there safety, so I won't.
Hope this helps alittle!

I read that the same kind of triggers can't live with each other, can different kinds live together. I plan on buying smaller ones to save $$. Would a larger angel be ok in a tank like this?

all those fish you mentioned would outgrow a 55. larger fish like tangs and triggers need are very active swimmers and need a lot of space to be happy.

Back
Top Bottom