Any other Remora owners having the same problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Everytime I do a water change or top off my water, the collection cup fills up with almost the same amount of water that I just put in. I turn off the skimmer usually for a day after I add water but it will still fill up at least 2 cups with in the hour. After that it will be fine but then I need to top off my tank again. I put it on the driest skim it can do and still fills. Anyone else having this problem? Any tips? TIA!

I had problems with the water level in mine too. Also, need to top-off almost daily (but Ray, isn't that the right thing to do???? to get the right skimmer operation. Drove me crazy.

Ditched mine for the CPR Bak Pak.

I belive Fluff has one and likes it.

Yeah I hear you. I am topping off daily and everytime I top off it fills the cup up. It's driving me crazy too! Do you mean Fluff has a Bak Pak or Remora? Did you find anything to help?

hmmm, i have one, but have never had this problem. the only time mine fills up fast is when i have it skimming wet. it is a mystery.

I have had my remora for a few years. Even still has the old original rio pump. I don't know if they've changed them in the last year or so because I've never had a problem. But there does seem to be more and more people displeased with their performance. :?

And yes Ray, I don't mind doing daily top offs. It's just a normal part of having fish tanks for me.

I don't mind doing daily top offs. It's just a normal part of having fish tanks for me.

Then, there's the lazier variety like me that daily topoffs drive crazy. I top off my 37g reservoir once every 2 weeks almost. I guess I can live with that. :roll:

I got one for sale.
LOL..Nah one is enough for me! :)

I have had my remora for a few years. Even still has the old original rio pump. I don't know if they've changed them in the last year or so because I've never had a problem. But there does seem to be more and more people displeased with their performance.

That's too bad there its happening more and more. I have the MJ1200 with it so maybe that has something to do with it??

hmmm, i have one, but have never had this problem. the only time mine fills up fast is when i have it skimming wet. it is a mystery.
What pump do you have with yours? I also use the tap water detoxifier with my water. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I run the tap water through a DI unit though.

i have the mj1200. i think you maybe on to something with the detoxifier, i put some in once, and my skimmer went nuts, i couldnt keep up with the collection cup. if you must use the detoxifirer, try letting it sit for 24 hours and see if that helps. i also used prime and it didnt cause the skimmer to go crazy. or, you could just get an ro/di unit and not have to worry at all, lol...

Back
Top Bottom