Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did any of these things affect your tank?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thats some interesting names there innovator never heard of any of those you have some pics?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

Crap! I did the treatment like 2 hrs ago. It worked great. I did everything the way I should, but after waiting about an hr and a half with everyhting off (pumps, powerheads ect) I turned them on. Little white chunks of stuff went everywhere! Should I be worried?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where did the little white chunks come from? Like from where you treated?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Newbie

We purchased our syringe at fish2morrow. Only had one of those critters in our tank but still jumped to get rid of him
Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X
btw, what is that brilliant red stuff in the 3rd pic?
That was my response! I wish that had exotic looking plants such as this for freshwater!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ya it came from where I treated. Everything seems fine, 4 out of the 5 I hit are gone completly. The last is half shrivled up, but still extends his tenticals. Im going to do another 5 tonight, and keep going untill Ive hit all I can see.

I hear that Butterfly fish love to eat aiptasia. I have a purple tang, flame angel, and a clown in a 40 breeder which is my display. Two twenty gallons are plumed into the tank, giving me 80 gal total volume. Could I add a butterfly, or am I maxed out as it is?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
na..thats not how it works. you can have a thousand gallon sump plumbed to your 40 breeder and still won't be able to keep certain fish.
all of those fish and shrimp suggestions are hit or miss anyway. there is no way to tell for sure unless you actually add something and see. also, they might not eat the aptasia, but find your corals to be most appetizing.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Freak

good point. I have to add something though cause theres no way Im going to be able to get rid of all the aiptasia. The little ones I can see under pieces of rock I have no idea how Im going to get them.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso View Post
Crap! I did the treatment like 2 hrs ago. It worked great. I did everything the way I should, but after waiting about an hr and a half with everyhting off (pumps, powerheads ect) I turned them on. Little white chunks of stuff went everywhere! Should I be worried?
I wouldn't worry to much, Some of my fish even eat the stuff. If you put to much on and some fall onto your Zoos and such, it will retard their growth. I have found it best to go slow and feed the X to the Aiptasia instead of just shooting the X onto the Aiptasia.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com