Any probs. with QTing pairs of fish together vs. singly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

After my ich trial and tribulation is over (4 more weeks), I'd like to restock my tank with the 2 Bannerfish I lost. I'd like to QT the pair together in the same tank, since I figure it's less stress on them to be together. BTW, I didn't QT the first two Banners I had and all seemed fine. It was that damned BHT that infected the tank with ich IMO. My fault for not QTing, I Know.

Anyone see this is as a problem? I'm even thinking of getting 4 of these and having a school of them. Other than the bio-load issue, is there a point when too many of the same speies is asking for trouble?

Thx

Mike

Depending on the size of your QT bio-load can be a BIG issue. I have QT'ed multiples in a 30 and 100 gallon before. Required a 12 gal change during the day and a 6 gal at night in the 30 I was doing daily 35 gallon changes in the 100 gal. Be aware of fish than have been labeled "peaceful" can be aggressive if stuck in a small tank with other fish. Also in a QT if one fish has something you will introduce it to the other and have to treat both fish.

Back
Top Bottom