Any small LPS corals without sweepers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love the looks of LPS corals, but I have a small tank packed with sorfties...mostly zoos, star polyps, goronian, and some xenia....I have a small SPS frag that is doing very well, and I would love to add a small LPS to my tank.

What are the possabilitys?

Candy Cane and Trumpet Corals would be a good choice, they have short sweepers, so only a little bit of room around them is required. Blastomussa would be another good choice, to the best of my knowledge, although it's a bit on the expensive side.

You could go with an alveopora. I love mine. If you would be okay with short sweepers you'd have a lot more luck. Brains have pretty short sweepers also.

I`ve seen long ones on mr bubble coral but not on my frogspawn.. But that is IME.

Awsome......how can I tell if he is stinging something, will it just die or is it best to scope out the tank under moon lights? Can you see the sweepers?

Most of the time will come out at night. If he stings something, you'll know. It'll close up for a long time. My torch stung some zoo polyps that were almost 6 inches away, and they were closed for about 6-8 weeks before they opened up. I was about to give up until Fluff told me to just keep waiting.

My candy cane corals tenticles arent that long at all. Maybe about an inch, if that. But still give it two or three inches. That way you will allow for plenty of growth before you will have to move it. You will definately see them at night.

Back
Top Bottom