Any suggestions?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any suggestions? I added an acro, it's not in this pic.

Attachments

• image-3964974920.jpg
    image-3964974920.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 100
I was thinking of that. I have 190lbs total though, and my fish are doing well. I cant add anymore because my parents are scared cuz its on the 2nd floor. Its connected to a 20 and as stated has 190 total. 130 in tank 40 in 20g and 20 in the sump. And yes about how to improve. I plan on adding many more corals also.

you will remove water in order to add rock. it's not going to be a lot heavier.
That's not a lot of weight IMO.
I had a 125 with a 75 gallon sump directly underneath it for a couple years in a second story apartment.

crister13 said:
I plan on adding many more corals also.

Uhm if this tank has the stock listed on your profile, id say this would be a terrible idea.

Add more rock, i like your scape already and it would look extremley cool with another arch going off to the sides which are a bit bare imo.

Are your rocks stacked, or glued?

Stacked. And why would that be so terrible????? I dont get it................ its an aggressive reef. I left the sides open for the fish so they could swim (bird wrasse and yellow tang) since the tanks not very wide.

No not all apartments have metal supports. It all depends where ur tank is located if it is right above a load bearing wall u will be fine but if you aren't then be carefull.

crister13 said:
Stacked. And why would that be so terrible????? I dont get it................ its an aggressive reef. I left the sides open for the fish so they could swim (bird wrasse and yellow tang) since the tanks not very wide.

Well most of the fish you have arent reef safe. Im not sure how well that'd work out if you added expensive corals.

crister13 said:
Yes but a reef has the inverts. Shrimp, stars, etc etc. I dont.

I gottcha, although i believe the porcupine puffer isnt coral safe.

All depends on fish I have seen a full blown reef tank kept sucessfully for multiple years with 2 large triggers in it. I would not recomend doing it but can be done don't jump down the kids throat abt not being "reef safe" if these fish are doing ok with the introduction of corals then keep going!!

I dont have a porc........................................... lol. I had one a couple months ago. My worry was not about the corals, theyre all fine. I was looking for suggestions, but thanks for the concern.

FDshoes said:
All depends on fish I have seen a full blown reef tank kept sucessfully for multiple years with 2 large triggers in it. I would not recomend doing it but can be done don't jump down the kids throat abt not being "reef safe" if these fish are doing ok with the introduction of corals then keep going!!

Oh not trying to offend him what so ever. I just dont want the guy to waste tons of money loading up his tank with corals. Imo im giving a much needed head up. Fish can be great for years, but then one day you have to get rid of them.

Sorry about your puffer man, that sucks.

As for advice..i say a bit more rock, providing that your tank doesnt go through the floor lol

Just keep going how your going you are def not a dummy when it comes to your tank and u seem to have a good grasp with what u have going on. Just don't throw 20 frags in at once then find out there gettin eating lol. But u know that.

That would make me soooooooooooo angry lol. I started with just 1 coral and they have been in for a couple months. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom