Anybody try these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcpeek

Aquarium Advice Freak
They mount on a powerhead and turn 360 degrees to create a random current. I just tried them and so far so good. We will see how long they last. I have 4 maxijet 1200 with them and it creats a nice random current in my 225

I got them from live aquaria.com under supplies/wavemakers They are called hydor flo (shlould be hydro but it is hydor) SO far so good. Look very simple with nothing to break. Beats starting and stopping the maxijets with a wavetimer. For $13 a piece I figured it was worth a try

hopefully they keep working for you....let us (me) know for that price it can't hurt, and it seems like a wonderful idea. Will probably be ordering a pair with my next shipping from them. thanks.

I've seen these in a show tank at a LR dealer here in California. I was carefully watching the water movement and these things are amazing. The only problem may be long term when sand/debris gets in there. It may stop rotating, like the power sweep Ph's. If you clean them once a month, I can't see any other set-backs. Keep us posted.

I would also wonder if the build up in them would eventually destroy them, or a curious snail.

for $13, as long as I got a year's worth of use before it totally failed, I wouldn't feel too jaded.
also, they're called Hydor becuase that's the company's name. :)

I figured for 13 they were worth a try
4 maxijet 1200 and 4 hydor flos = $130

1 3/4 seaswirl and pump = $200+

I think they should last there is not much to them. They pop off super easy and come apart quick so 10 minutes to clean all 4.

Back
Top Bottom