Anybody use Formalin 3 or another preventative dip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I got an awesome deal on a Harlequin Tust at work today, $60 for an awesome looking fish so I can't pass this up. Only catch is he must go right in with my porcupine puffer and clown trigger so I"m looking to dip him to help prevent anything that might pass over. I guess I"m going to try Formalin 3 mixed with SW unless somebody suggests someting else before I leave work at 5pm. The directions say to dip the fish for up to 50 minutes but I"m worried that is too long so I was thinking somewhere in the 20minute range.

Any help would be great, and I know I really should put him in a Q tank but I already have fish in there and I just can't pass this deal up 8O

Well after reading some on wetwebmedia I've decided to use the Menthyl (dip) blue as a dip with FW, any suggestions on how long to do it for? I'll stand there and watch the fish but I'm guessing 5mins or so?

I used the formalin to treat my Heni's for Brookynella. A 25 min SW bath for 5 days and it cleared up nicely.
I think 50 minutes is too long. Even after 25 minutes they came out looking rather pale, but quickly recovered.
Good luck!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom