Anybody use Kent Marine Phosphate Sponge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its been a whaile but i think it was 8 hours. That stuff is expensive. What is going on with your tank that you want to use it? Are you over feeding, using tap water? What is the cause of the high phosephates? Your money will be better spent on a good ro/di system, than byeing that kent stuff. If you are overfeeding, thats an easy solution, just dont feed so much.

I use DI water for all top off's and water changes. I think that it my have been some freeze-dried brine shrimp I was using.

I was putting tons of it in the tank to feed both the fish and the coral. Big mistake - I got a HUGE brown algae bloom.

Since I put it in there, the water is crystal clear! It has been in for about 6 hours. I would take readings on my phosphates, but I HATE my 2 phosphate tests. I just have to assume that the phosphates are at zero.

I know it's expensive, but I've got two corals I need to keep. I've lost all of my fish. I've got to start taking steps to save something.

Things are looking up

Todd

Back
Top Bottom