Anybody want a nice case of Crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am declwing my tank and have removed all my hermits. It took a viscious attack on Paris, my pumping Xenia to force me here, but they are gone. I am willing to send these little guys anywhere if somebody wants to pay the shipping.

Can my Xenia recover from losing a lot of its arms? I am very sad this morning!

:drinking:

Sorry about your loss but it may be ok.. you are just gonna have to wait and see. I also recently went clawless. I just gave them to the LFS.

Doan

Yeah for me they were great cleaning up my inital algea bloom after the cycle.. Then they started killing each other and 3 dominant ones emerged.. well then they decided to kill any snail they could find... So my snail count quickly fell finally I came home one day and sitting on a rock was HUGE hermit.. I hadn't really noticed how big he had gotten till he was there eating a Zoa.. Into the sump he went rounded up his 2 buddies and the next day They were at the LFS ..
Did you name your coral Paris??? That is a cool name for a Xenia.. I would name mine that but I am afraid it would collapse and surrender to my pods within minutes of receving that name:) Just Kidding...

Doan

Doan

LOL. Doaner you kill me! I have crabs too. I don't mean the lil hermit ones either (nor the unmentionables I hope). I still have a few leftover hitchhiker meanies from the aquacultured rock. They are simply too smart for all of me evil plans to catch em'.

sumphead said:
I still have a few leftover hitchhiker meanies from the aquacultured rock. They are simply too smart for all of me evil plans to catch em'.

Same here... I usually try to catch them unawares with a net and then they go the crab prison, my 20G SW.

Whenever I set up a crab trap, it gets filled full of hermits right away and the "mean" crabs ignore it.

I have more nassarius snails on the way and I am going to gradually become less and less crabby in my tanks too (the mini striped sandcolored hermits can stay though they're just too darn cute) :roll:

I have a Emerald crab that has gotten huge. He has taken out a couple of snails, but I am worried about my small fish. Having a devil of a time catching him. He never comes out of the rock.

Quarryshark.. what I did to catch mine and banish him to FUGE-O-FUN was I rubberbanded a piece of Krill to a little nub on one of my rocks at night and waited. Eventually he will come out and go after it. Have the tops off of you tank.. Then this is the most important part... put down your beer without spilling it. Then swoop in like the hand of GOD and grab him. To Fuge-o-fun till he could be taken to the LFS.

Doan

rotflmao!!
Thanks Doan I'll give it a try. I have baited him a few times, he is so damn fast.
I'll try not to spill my beer!! :lol:

rotflmao!!
Thanks Doan I'll give it a try. I have baited him a few times, he is so damn fast.
I'll try not to spill my beer!! :lol:

Do you think if you put a little of the beer in the tank it might slow him down a bit? I know after a few, OK a dozen, I slow down a lot. :drinking:

LoL I slow right down too. I mean come on it's Saturday if you are going to spend tonight trying to catch crabs.. hmmm kinda the exact oposite of a regular saturday night goal hunh? Anyway You have to know that there will be beer involved.. :)

Doan

Back
Top Bottom