Anybody want to part with a mantis shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AR15 guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
All these recent mantis shrimp captures have made me want one. I plan on setting up my spare 10 gallon for it. Some guys on here seem to think they could survive a trip on the UPS truck...

Anybody out there who would send me on for the price of shipping?

Ask your LFS if they can order you one. My LFS has the ability to order them, just doesn't carry them on a regular basis.

I thought about that. But the guy working told me he has been looking for one for awhile. So I am assuming they cannot get them. Any idea what the approx. price is on one?

::edit::

Found one. Pretty pricey. I would definetly rather get one from someone who catches one and plans to kill it.

How much did you see it for? I would have sent you mine, but I didn't think it would survive shipping. I looked to see where you were when I caught mine, thinking if you were in NJ I'd tell you to come get it. But to ship it, I thought you would need heat packs and all that and I don't have that sophisticated stuff :lol: :cry:

If I wind up with another (and hopefully I will not), I will send it to you.

DJ

It was 49.99$ on some site online.

If they can survive a trip inside a rock with no water hardly I figure they could survive about anything.

If you are in the Phoenix area anytime soon, I have a 3" one that could use a better home than I'm giving him, but I don't really want to try and ship him - he's way too cool to worry about him dieing.

He's in one of those small plastic critter carriers. My 10gallon leaked and I don't want him in my qt, as I've had to use it in the past. I change his water everytime I do a main water change, and he gets fed whenever I remember he is there. Pretty easy - in fact I've had goldfish that need more care :) My kids think he's creepy, but I like him. I had three come on my lr. One was dead at delivery and the other one got eaten by the big one. I'm waiting for him to molt, they are supposed to be awesome.

Just a thought, pm zack at lr.com and see if he'll find one for you.

I was going to order some rock from them actually. I had a 40lb order placed but they were diving. This week was a bad week for me to get it...so I canceled the order.

I may ask them if they can try to make sure I get one.

Back
Top Bottom