Anyone agree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packfan2204

Aquarium Advice Activist
That their cleaner shrimp is their best investment to their tank. I know mine was. My pacific blue had stress ich, and it was gone in a day!

I am with you on that 100% my tangs just wouldn't be the same without the cleaner shrimp and goby for the tough spots.

My tang could care less for my cleaner. I have a fire that he disregards as well. But I like them both in my tank. The cleaner is the watchdog of the tank and the fire makes sure nothing edible of any substance hangs around near the bottom of the tank.

My 2 cleaners are worthless. They don't clean anything after months of being in my tank.

I had a skunk cleaner, and he didn't do jack for me. In fact, he killed my tuxedo urchin. It took me a long time, but when I caught him, he went straight back to the store!

My Orange SHoulder Tang loves my cleaner shrimp. It is quite entertaining to watch him periodically climb all over my tang performing his duties.

We have 2 skunk cleaner and 2 fire red shrimp. The fire shrimp pretty much hide all the time. Now the skunk cleaner are the characters of the tanks. I walk into the room and ZOOM, they are right there by the glass. If I'm working in the tank they both will jump on my hand (if I stop working) and start picking away.
We have a blast with them. They also do a good job of cleaning my Yellow Tang and occasionally my Mac Angel will pay them a visit.
Luck of the draw with these guys I guess.

I have three scarlet cleaners and when I first put in my tang yesterday they jump him, it was really funny. Since that they have moved from the left side of the tank to his comfort spot on the right side but have not made any more cleaning attemps under my watch. Is there any kind of frequency to their cleaning?

I love mine. I have had him for well over a year now and he is one of the favorites of anyone who sees the tank. in fact, I'm probably going to add two more to the tank.

I debated a while back whether or not to get a coral banded because of their aggression. I must have gotten lucky because he has done very well also...and growing very very fast. I would say he has tripled in size in the last 3 months.

Squishy

I see them clean just about every evening. It seen to be right after the fish eat mostly.

As long as you don't have anything that will eat them, like certain Triggers. I would go with the one mentioned above the Scarlet Skunk cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom