Anyone buy an Aqua-safe RO/DI off ebay????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking at getting one. Are they any good? Can I buy replacement filters on the web or at a store? I'm looking at the 6-stage unit.

thanks

I got one. Mine works just fine. Took my TDS reading from my tap water @around 390-400 to 2. I say it works good. I also got mine from Ebay too. There are a couple of people here that have the same RO/DI unit. I just don't use the last filter, (the one that makes the water taste good), none of my fish have complained about how bad the water tasted so I left it off...LOL

Just be prepared, it takes a while for the unit to generated five gallons of water. And you will have quite a bit of "waste water" generated while making your RO/DI water.

Mike

Where does the waste water go, do you pipe it to the drain? How long to fill the 4 gallon tank? How much waste per gallon of processed water? Where will you buy replacement filters for it? Thanks for the info.

Where does the waste water go, do you pipe it to the drain?

Yes or you can run the hose into a sink.

How long to fill the 4 gallon tank?

It takes about 3 hours to fill my holding tank.

How much waste per gallon of processed water?

I really don't know, but the water comes out of the waste hose at a much greater volume than the hose that fills the tank. I would venture to say at least five times as much waste water.

Where will you buy replacement filters for it?

You can buy them from Aqua-safe, and they are pretty much run of the mill filters and probably available at HD or Menards. But Aqua-Safe has a much better deal on them if you buy from them.

HTH

Mike

No. But I did buy the HB water syster Ro/Di off the internet and the company has really stood by the filter for me and it does an excellent job for the price. I would recommend them. They have an ebay store and they also have their own website.

Back
Top Bottom