Anyone else love their clam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gti_Leo said:
you know i've never really seen a clam in real life till last week when i went to my LFS and i looked in one of their display reefs. they are alot bigger then i expected, this one was like 8" when i expected them to get to about 3" lol

This clam is in a 500 gallon tank at my lfs. A small dog or large cat could easily fit in it. The tang in the back is probably around 10"

ForumRunner_20111024_162348.jpg

There's a clam at my lfs thats absolutely huge, I think it's about 18 inches long and is hosted by 2 clowns!

I have a teal and purple croacea (sp?) and a bright blue maxima. I love my clams. Fun to watch when the fish get too close

Do you have any problems with fish pecking the clams mantle? My dwarf angels were always at my clams and I worried that they were getting hurt, so I sold the clams (the angel fish are/were almost impossible to catch).

At one of the LFS's near me, they have two mega-clams that are around two feet long and 15-18" across if not more... They are unbelievable impressive, and housed in a 1,000 gallon coral pool. The place is called Tropicorium, you can see some pics of the coral pools on the site, but not much more.

I would love to get one, but no way a 4-bulb T5HO is gonna be enough at 20" depth.

TLTGF said:
At one of the LFS's near me, they have two mega-clams that are around two feet long and 15-18" across if not more... They are unbelievable impressive, and housed in a 1,000 gallon coral pool. The place is called Tropicorium, you can see some pics of the coral pools on the site, but not much more.

I would love to get one, but no way a 4-bulb T5HO is gonna be enough at 20" depth.

Michigan? Tropicorium always has something interesting you know any other good lfs around here?

I think Tropicorium probably has the best corals around - the prices aren't the best, however, but I suppose like anywhere, the more you go, the better deals you get.

I've typically been using The Fish Doctors in Ypsilanti as my default LFS. They have decent prices on livestock and corals. They give punch cards so you get $10 for every $100 you spend.

I'm a fan because I'm now on a 1st name basis and so I get really trustworthy advice, genunine care, and really great discounts on everything. As an example I recently purchased a Lg. (9) headed Duncan, and a large 8-10" Montiporo plate coral and got both for $80.

I will say this, however, their selection of coral certainly leaves room to be desired. They get shipments often, but it seems that the "good stuff" walks out the door very quickly.

They also have some great clams!!!
Depending on what you're looking for they typically have at least one or two worthy of purchase at any one time.

Back
Top Bottom