Anyone ever get fish from the market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjvincent

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone has gone to the local super market deli and bought fish or shrimp that they were ready to get rid of and use it to feed their fish. I was thinking about talking to the managers and getting perhaps some shrimp or salmon and then blenderize it and then freeze in small portions...

im not sure about getting old food to be honest with you ! but i buy bags a raw shrimp every week for my tanks along with a few oysters/live clams/scallops/squid/everynow and then they have octopus on sale as well and feed all my fish this :) as long as its raw your fine!

I go to the market and get every fresh thing in the case and put it in my blender mush.. With nori and lots of garlic..

Where do you buy nori? Do you go to a specialty market or can you buy it at your local stores? I am not so sure that I would have it here in Texas...

Nori/Wamaka is also called Red Eatable Sea weed. It is really yummy actually. Ummm, try Whole Foods. I am from Austin and I know Waxahachie is a small town, but you might be able to find one near you.

Back
Top Bottom