Anyone ever had a jade filefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are lovely but I'm only starting out so I'm still learning I dunno if a flame angel would get on with the fish I have then I'm trying to think of what I want down the line

It's hard to say what will and will not get along in this hobby. It seems there's an exception to every rule. What do you have?

I have 1 fox face 1 oriental flying gurnard 1 bicolour blenny and a file fish also a horseshoe crab ,decorator crab , 3 hermits, 3 snails, sand sifter star fish, urchin, nudibranch don't think I forgot anything

AwfulArabella said:
I have 1 fox face 1 oriental flying gurnard 1 bicolour blenny and a file fish also a horseshoe crab ,decorator crab , 3 hermits, 3 snails, sand sifter star fish, urchin, nudibranch don't think I forgot anything

Isnt your tank much too small for a gunard?

AwfulArabella said:

What size is your tank?

60 gallon the gurnard is small now when she gets bigger ill move her to a bigger tank or if it came down to it the shop I go to are really good at what they do and they take them back and either rehome them or release them back into the wild I don't want to give them up so I'd rather just get a custom tank for 2 of them big enough that they can swim loads and stretch there "wings"

So are you looking at a bigger tank already? I wish I had a bigger one. You would need like 200g or larger for a pair of them.

I am indeed cause my horse shoe crabs gonna get huge too I'm thinking of gettin one between the kitchen and the sitting room in the wall just for them so I'd wanna start saving, but they all have a long way to go before they get to big and ii know I'd be devastated to have to give them up

Oh and I'm not judging or anything. It's your tank your fish. I once kept a blue spot stingray in a 60 cube until he got large then I donated to the local aquarium.

Ah I know :) obviously people are gonna be like what's she gonna do with 2 16 inch flying gurnards haha but there's always options and I wouldn't be cruel to them or any other fish, that's really cool I'm maaaad about stingrays I think there beautiful I'd love one but once again I'd be looking at another big tank eventually I would love to have a few big tanks with unusual creatures in them

Stingrays are tough. I will never do one again. Took all of my attention and I only had it for like a year and he was huge. I would like to try an octopus sometime though.

There suppose to be extremely smart and great escape artists I think there lovely but you have to keep them alone and have a tank with no way of him getting out haha or he'll take himself for a walk

Yeah I've done a ton of research. I just know I don't have the time or energy to do it right now. Maybe in the future.

Yeah there's loads to learn keeping tanks and fish i really like it though it's very interesting

Lol. Everyone tells me I have OCD because I spend the majority of my time researching my hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom