anyone ever have LR bleach out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know my tank is far from being adjusted yet and I do have die off and alot of blue light , but has anyone had coralline bleach out? from the light not being enough? I assume 10k's are the best for growth?

What can I add to help calcium? right now I have been adding nothing

The zoo's and colony polyps are starting to adjust and settle in a bit.I'll snap a few when I get a sec

bleaching coraline is pretty common in new tanks. it could be because of the light, the ammonia spikes, calcium/alk not being balanced etc... not all of it will die off though and once the tank is more established, it will come back.

make sure you test for calcium and alk before adding anything. usually water changes will take care of it and keep the levels pretty stable. if you are going to add anything, i would recommend getting a 2 part additive. its just too hard trying to balance the 2 on your own. HTH

ok, I wa sgonna get a calcium test kit and such geuss it will be sooner rather than later. I also have 3x 03's (no 40w) and 3x10k (40w NO) but I have the blues in the 3 top light spots.Maybe I need to mix them up a bit.I jsut wanted to make the zoo's happy

thanx I'll check back with what happens

Back
Top Bottom