Anyone ever order LR from liveaquaria.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DamselnDistress

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning on ordering 90 pounds of fiji rock from liveaquaria.com and having it shipped overnight. Anyone ever ordered rock from them? Is it any good and how long did you have to cure the pre-cured rock for?

i ordered form there and LIVEROCKS.COM i would prob. say go with liverocks.com they are very nice and help full and the rock came with some hitchhikers and the rock was gorgeous the florida rock but the fiji rock from live aquaria is not bad just my 5cents hth

I found a good deal on pre-cured LR from liveaquaria...90 pounds for around 200 bucks plus shippin so I'm leaning towards that.

LR from liveaquaria.com is not pre-cured either. The Fiji rock is out of the water for longer than when you order and they just put wet newspaper on it. You will have die off. I had mine shipped 2 day and it had a lot of die off. I was fine with it since my tank had not cycled yet.

The rock comes from Fiji and I think the only ship the rock one or two days a week so that should tell you something. BTW, I love the rock I got you liveaquaria but it is not cured LR when you get it.

ya i think i saw that 99 bucks a box thing and thought it was still that....my bad. So anyone ever ordered LR from liverocks.com? Maybe I'll try there...is it shipped overnight?

From what I have heard, the fiji rock from liveaquaria and marinedepot are from the same place. If liveaquaria no longer has it for $150 shipped, get the stuff from marine depot. It is the same rock.

I want ot get some from liverocks.com. It looks really nice ...

Biggen are you sure the shipping would not be 2X that? I would think they would charge you for shipping twice. Shipping for 2 day live rock usually is like $1/lb.

I just looked at the website and it shows the 45lb box for $129.99 + shipping.

I agree that the shipping woould be $52.36x2 :)

I guess you guys are probably right but their website isn't computing it correctly. I went through the shopping cart and it only showed the one $50 charge for shipping both boxes.

I should have figured that out though, huh?? :) Common sense...

Shipping Rock

Guys, I just received a 45lb box of rock from LiveAquaria. I got the $99 dollar a box deal. The rock os very nice quality. One thing when you have it shipped try to have it delivered to your local FEDEX office. I did this and my second day shipment was there in a day. They had a delivery time of 4:30PM and I picked it up first thing in the morning. This way the rock does not have to spend the day in the back of a truck.

Good Luck

Tom

Back
Top Bottom