anyone every tried pond block in aquarium for green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajunbaby75

Aquarium Advice Regular

ive been invovled in saltwater tanks for @a yr this is my 2nd one i upgraded everything was fine, until we strated having green algae growing on everything we cleaned it and went to get a few more fish i had 5 then bought 2 more a bag of dry sand and a pond block my fish dealer fisrt suggested to save some money and stop using the live sand to add more sand to tank use dry and then to help with the algae the pond block we used half we also added the sand but wasnt informed to wash it ... it clouded my tank then within 2 days 2 of my fish were dead<i check levels regularly and had them check each time i visit his store > <had these fish for @5-6 months > we did a 50% water change as he told me then slowly they died my level were all pegged out <we had took out the block after the first 2 died but we have done 5 30-50 % water changes in 2 weeks changed carbon in filter, added protein skimmer bought 25 more lbs of live rock all levels are extrememly low so yesterday he GAVE me a damsel to try guess what .... HES DYING :arrow: :arrow: :cry: im lost and have lost my desire to keep going my fish guy's is trying to blame me but i dont spray and put anything in the tank that is not suppose to be i had spoke with another store and they stated it was cycling due to the sand is that right or did my live rock absorb the pond block and slowly killed my babies any advice would be helpful please someone!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom